Brahmas News · July 6 Athletic Update

An update to high school athletics at Diamond Bar high school is based on LA County guidelines for reopening schools and CIF’s (California Interscholastic Federation) decision on the status of high school athletics for the upcoming school year. It is not my nor the school’s decision to make as we are awaiting guidelines to be issued to us by governing bodies.

Virtual tryouts for any sports program will not be held based on the following factors:

  • Issue of equity and access: not all students have access to resources and a proper safe environment to perform
  • Athletic Clearance: there is a delay in being able to access a medical clinic or to your physician due to COVID
  • Safety, Health, & Guidelines: we are following guidelines provided by local governing bodies (i.e. LA county & CIF) to mitigate the spread of COVID
  • Status of Athletics for upcoming school year: at this time, until CIF’s deadline of July 20, it is unknown what the status of high school athletics will be. It is in the opinion of the Athletic Director that all 3 seasons (fall, winter, spring) will be postponed due to the increasing numbers of COVID cases.

REGARDLESS of what the outcome of the season will be, in order to participate in high school athletics, every student-athlete must be athletically cleared:

Detailed Instruction on Athletic Clearance can be found by clicking HERE

  • MedPost of Brea (not affiliated with WVUSD, is currently accepting athletic physicals for a reasonable cost compared to other medical facilities)

Lack of attention to detail WILL delay your athletic clearance process.

If you have any questions, please email me at

Our superintendent Dr. Taylor’s latest message on the status of re-opening schools can be found by clicking HERE

CIF’s latest update in regards to the upcoming school year can be found by clicking HERE

Thank you,

Albert Lim

Athletic Director